Actions and Detail Panel
Victorian Tech Savvy Seniors @Phillip Island Library
Fri. 19 May 2017, 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm AEST
Victorian Tech Savvy Seniors is supported by the Victorian Seniors Card Program and Telstra. Our libraries will run over 78 sessions until June 2017. Each of the sessions will focus on a different topic, including the internet, cyber safety, social media, email, sharing photos and attachments and online shopping.
Session dates and the topics that will be covered.
24 March - Session 1: Introduction to the Internet – Part 1 (Beginner) -
- What is the internet? What can I do on the internet? Navigating around the web and performing a web search?
31 March - Session 2: Introduction to Cyber safety – (Beginner)
- Do I need to protect myself and what threats might I face? Keeping myself safe on the internet.
21 April - Session 3: Introduction to the Internet – Part 2 (Beginner)
- Downloading, using tabs, using favourites. Watching movies and listening to music. Travel, maps, genealogy and news.
28 April - Session 4: Introduction to Email – Part 1 (Beginner)
- What is email? What does the ‘@’mean? Setting up you own email account using Gmail. Reading and sending email. Replying to and forwarding emails
5 May - Session 5: Introduction to Online shopping (Beginner)
- Searching for goods and services. Tips for buying online. How to pay for things online.
12 May - Session 6: Introduction to social media – Part 1 (Beginner)
- What is social media? Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and You Tube
19 May - Session 7: Introduction to Tablets (Beginner)
- What’s a tablet and how are they different. Brief introduction to iPad and Android tablets. Using your tablet, adding apps and media to your tablet.