The UWA Cultural Precinct brings the world-wide drawing festival - Big Draw - to the Lawrence Wilson Art Gallery!
Research has shown the many benefits of drawing as a life skill for children and adults alike. This October, rekindle your interest in drawing with three different activities!
Somewhere the City with artist Steve Berrick
Draw and colour on paper, then see it come to life in a projected animation with artist Steve Berrick. All ages.
Drawing in 3D Virtual Reality
Wear a a VR headset and paint in immersive 3D using Google’s cutting-edge Tilt Brush technology. Watch the video. Ages 10+.
Explore hands-on drawing activities at The Hub, a dedicated space for drawing with activities related to the exhibitions. All ages.
Register to receive updates for this event. Join the Facebook Event.
Big Draw at UWA runs:
- Thursday 20 October: 11:30 - 4:30pm
- Friday 21 October: 11:30 - 4:30pm
- Saturday 22 October: 11:30 - 4:30pm
- Sunday 23 October: No Sessions
- Monday 24 October: No Sessions
- Tuesday 25 October: 11:30 - 4:30pm
- Wednesday 26 October: 11:30 - 4:30pm
- Thursday 27 October: 11:30 - 4:30pm
- Friday 28 October: 11:30 - 4:30pm
- Saturday 29 October: 11:30 - 4:30pm
Image: Google Tilt Brush Promotional Image.
The event is made possible with the generous support from the UWA Alumni Fund Grant with additional technical and digital assistance from Jonathan Knispel (Pawsey Centre) and Aaron Collyer (UWA Digital and Creative Services).