Actions and Detail Panel
Tax Help: Rouse Hill Library- BOOKED OUT
Sat. 29 October 2016, 10:30 am – 3:30 pm AEDT
If you earn around $50,000 or less, then you could be eligible for help from the Australian Tax Office volunteers who will provide free advice and help with basic tax returns.
Suitable for working adults and retirees
Am I eligible for Tax Help?
You are eligible for Tax Help in 2015-16 if your income is around $50,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- work as a contractor, for example a contract cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax (CGT)
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity.
What should I bring to my appointment?
** Prior to attending your Tax Help appointment you should be registered with myGov and have your account linked to the ATO **
- your myGov user ID and password
- your bank account details (BSB and account number)
- your tax file number
- an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years (the assessment needs to have been issued before 31 May this year)
- income statements from all sources
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- details of any child support payments made
- details of any losses on investments in shares and rental properties (net investment losses).
- If you had a spouse (married or de-facto) at any time during the financial year, you also need to bring details of their taxable income or a reasonable estimate.