Actions and Detail Panel
Something Borrowed – Black Tie Charity Ball
Sat., 08/04/2017, 6:30 pm – Sun., 09/04/2017, 12:00 am AEST
Something Borrowed is a black tie charity dinner raising funds and awareness for Opportunity International Australia at The Loft, Doltone House on Jones Bay Wharf on Saturday, 8 April 2017.
About Something Borrowed
Have you ever felt like you were headed down a path not right for you and felt too far along to correct it, but did it anyway? You’re not alone.
Meet Angie. A courageous young lady who realised that she and her future husband weren’t right for each other – 3 months before she said ‘I do’.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Rather than see the venue go to waste, she chose to turn an unfortunate event into something positive by throwing a charity ball in place of the wedding, to help raise funds for a worthy cause.
Opportunity International Australia’s work resonates with Angie because it empowers people to make a choice to change their lives. They provide small loans to families in developing countries to help them start a business, earn an income and leave poverty behind. Providing a sustainable framework, over 14 million lives in 24 countries have been transformed since the Opportunity International Network started over 40 years ago.
Just because life can throw an obstacle at you and unfortunately, for 1 in 3 people this means being born into poverty, it doesn't need to always be that way. Angie hopes that a second chance for her future will give many families in need 'something borrowed' to pave a way out of poverty and change their futures.
On the night
- The Loft Doltone House is a unique, charismatic waterfront venue on Jones Bay Wharf Sydney Harbour.
- Upon arrival, experience the sunset hues over the sparkling harbour from the private balcony.
- The award winning executive chef and team will deliver a sensational 5 course dinner, starting with canapés on arrival.
- Free flowing imported and local beers, wine, sparkling wine, soft drink, espresso and tea.
- Between courses, bid on the live auction items (items to be announced).
- Be entertained by the hilarious, MC extraordinaire Nick McGrath.
- Learn about Opportunity International Australia’s life changing work worldwide.
- Meet like minded people who also care about making a difference.
- Dig through the novelty props and let loose in the open air Photo Booth with friends.
- After dinner, dance until midnight to the DJ on the lower floor of The Loft.
Frock-up and shine your cufflinks. This is an exclusive black tie event with limited numbers. Buy tickets on Eventbrite before 29 March 2017 or until sold out.
This is a not for profit event. All profits will be donated to Opportunity International Australia.
Exclusive Invite – on sale until 29 March 2017
- Single tickets $200 + booking fee
- Table of 10 $1800 + booking fee - organise a table of 10 and 1 ticket is on us :)
Corporate Sponsorships – available until 29 March 2017 upon request
Not sure what to wear?
- Check out the Something Borrowed facebook page for the definition of black tie, tips and inspiration.
Have questions about the event, tickets or corporate sponsorships?
- Contact email@example.com
Can't go, but want to help?
- Support Something Borrowed by donating a sum to Opportunity International Australia on our fundraising page.
- Share the Something Borrowed event with friends on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or via email