Series 1 SEEING WHAT DEVELOPS: B&W FILM PROCESSING
Limited number of 6 participants (min 4 to run) – Demonstration + Practical
This session will provide you with an opportunity to experience the dark art of B&W FILM PROCESSING. Importantly this session is intended as a ‘see how it’s done’ as well as a ‘do it yourself’ activity. You will be invited to bring along a 35mm-24 exposure or 120 black and white film that will be processed by you as part of the workshop.
Who would benefit from this session:
- People with no previous practical processing or printing experience including those who might have seen darkroom work done but not engaged with it at any significant level
- Those who may have done darkroom work some time ago and are seeking a refresh program to update them on the contemporary process.
TOPICS: Film processing
- The workspace
- Chemicals – preparation/storage/ disposal/Safety
- Processing tanks
- Loading spirals
- The processing sequence – time/temperature/agitation/wash/dry/sleeve
- What can go wrong
- Do I have good negs…?
This session links with Darkroom Series Parts 2 & 3.
Times: Wednesday, November 2 – 6.00 - 8.30pm
Cost: $55 per person (Includes chemicals and negative sleeve)
THE TICKET COVERS the attendance at the workshop and the processing and sleeving of one 35mm or 120 black and white film
For this workshop to run we need 4 participants
– Up until 48 hours notice before start time – 75% refund
– Less than 48 hours before start time, unless position is filled – no refund