Actions and Detail Panel
Seabird and Shorebird Capture, Handling and First Aid
Sat., 22/04/2017, 9:30 am – Sun., 23/04/2017, 4:30 pm AEST
The course will cover
· The course will cover:
· Bird identification
· Common injuries and illnesses
· Tips and techniques for patrolling your estuary
· Capture techniques
· First aid for common injuries and illnesses
· Handling techniques for seabirds of all shapes and sizes
· Transport policies
· oiled wildlife response
· Health and safety
· Marine Strandings reporting using the GMRMPA eye on reef App and Website.
· Shore bird citizen science and ALA app
· Migratory shore birds
· Marine Debris Reduction and the Australian Marine Debris national Database.
This amazing opportunity for our regions cares is sponsored by The Gladstone Ports Corporations Community investment fund 2017.