Who is Kambo not for?
Kambo has no known detrimental side effects so when it is responsibly administered it is completely safe. There are very few people who cannot take it. Generally, kambô/sapo is not for you if you have or have had any of the following situations or health conditions: (This is not an exhaustive list.)
• Under 18 years of age
• Heart bypass surgery.
• Enlarged heart.
• Implanted cardioverter defibrillators.
• Pericardial effusion.
• Congestive heart disease.
• Excess fluid in the heart sack.
• Heart valve replacement surgery.
• Organ transplant.
• Blood clots.
• Serious mental health conditions (please discuss with us) • Seriously low blood pressure that requires medication.
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding a baby under 1 year old.
• If you are menstruating at the time of treatment, Kambo may well cause the flow to
increase for 24-36 hours because it contains powerful vasodilators. • If you are Diabetic it’s important to discuss your treatment in advance.
* People who are after a quick fix
* You must inform us if you have ever or are currently suffering from a mental health
condition, regardless of whether or not you are taking medication.
* The only exception to this is depression. In most cases it is usually completely safe for you to continue taking your normal medication but please discuss this beforehand.
If you have any chronic condition please send us an email so Peter will find the best treatment plan for you.
If you are physically unwell, have ongoing chronic issues or have a history of psychological issues – this medicine will likely still support you. Yet we would ask you to please do not join a group session as you would be better served working with a Medicine Person individually as you will have more personal attention.
Preparing for Your Kambo Session
The Days Before: Eat as wholesome as possible in the days leading up to your Kambo ceremony. Diminish or eliminate fried food, over processed food and alcohol. Drink plenty of water so that your tissues are hydrated. Adding electrolytes (non-sugar) and liquid minerals to your water help prepare your body. Do not consume alcohol or recreational drugs for 24 hours prior to your session.
Please note: There is no need for fasting in the days leading up to Kambo except for the 12 hours prior. No juice or water fasts.
If you have fasted for Kambo, done colonics or animas in the week leading up to this medicine you may not be able to sit on the day of ceremony.
Please inform the Medicine Person if you have.
Do not eat at least 12 hours before ceremony.
Day Of: The day of the ceremony you will fast from food. You should not have eaten for 12 hours prior. You are allowed to drink water. Bring with you at least 2 – 3 litres of room temperature water that you will drink just before the Kambo is administered to you.
Prepare your intentions. Wear comfortable clothing, layers are best and remove tight or restrictive jewellery beforehand.
During: Meditating with the breath is the best preparation for a Kambo ceremony.
Breathe and invite the spirit of the medicine into you, exhale and surrender your ego, your weight, your toxicity. Breathe in and soften to the medicine, breathe out and let go.
After: Please ensure you have made sensible travel arrangements following your session. Plan to have a restful afternoon and evening following the session. Whilst you will process during the session, this may continue over the hours, days, weeks and months following a Kambo session. As we release energies, we transform our internal and external lives. Be kind to yourself. Allow yourself to connect with the thoughts and feelings that wish to surface.
All first time users will be tested for sensitivity before treatments. Your reaction along with the practitioners experience, intuition and connection with the spirit of the medicine will determine the eventual number of points you receive. There is no set number – everyone is treated individually.
Do not consume any alcohol or recreational drugs for 24 hours following a Kambo session.
POTENTIAL SIDE EFFECTS…… Please note that you may experience:
- Intense physical sensations as your energetic channels open you may feel your eyes water, some burning sensation and your body vibrating.
- Intense emotions
- Feeling sick or nauseous
- Bowel movements
- Excess saliva
- This is ALL normal – stuck energy, toxins and sickness are being released from your energetic and physical bodies. You may need a bucket, toilet tissue and drinking water close at hand. You may even experience none of these effects. ‘What to Bring• 2-3 litres (or one gallon) of room temperature water that you will drink 15 minutes before you receive Kambo• A blanket and pillow, yoga mat.
• Layered clothing for hot or cold temperatures • A notebook and pen (optional)
• Prepare your intentions by writing them downThere will be time to ask questions and discuss further information at the beginning of the ceremony. Intentions may be set at the beginning of the Ceremony as well.
If you have specific health problems then you may wish to discuss these privately beforehand. If you have any serious health issues, then you may benefit from a more personal one on one treatment.Final Notes
Please note this is not a process for a recreational purpose and you may not experience anything like a ‘high’ or sensations that are intense at all. For some, the medicine they need comes in a different form than they expect, so there are no guarantees or expectations placed upon the experience.
Please be mindful that you do not eat anything 12 hours prior to this ceremony, you may drink clear fluids, warm herbal teas.