San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
The Straumann Removable Implant - Retained Overdenture course is designed for Dentists and Technicians at various levels of implant restoration proficiency who would like to further their knowledge with restorations for completely edentulous patients. Through practical restorative sessions supported by didactic instructions, participants will become familiar with advanced treatment planning concepts in the specific area of restoring edentulous arches with removable overdentures.
Participants should be competent with the restorative procedures for components of the Straumann Dental Implant Systems.
• Current approaches to rehabilitating the edentulous jaw using dental implants and using removable full arch restorations.
• Treatment planning of edentulous patients will be discussed, including proper case selection, treatment sequencing, indication and selection of prosthetic design, choice of surgical protocol, number of implants required, spatial requirements, as well as cost and patients’ satisfaction.
• A step-by-step demonstration of clinical steps will be presented, including chair-side denture reline implant pick-up and verification procedures of mandibular overdentures retained on 2 implants.
• Intra-operative complications and post-insertion maintenance recommendation will be also discussed.
• Special reference to Straumann’s new Novaloc attachments and Locator abutments.
Presented by Dr. Robert Santosa
Dr Robert Santosa graduated with a BDS from the University of Adelaide in 1996. He then worked
in general practice in Gippsland, Victoria. In 2001 he completed a Master of Dental Science in
Prosthodontics from The University of Sydney. In 2002 he was the recipient of an ITI scholarship at
the University of Florida, Gainesville. He is a executive member of Australasian Osseointegration
Society (NSW Branch); a reviewer for the International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants
(JOMI), and lectures widely nationally and overseas. Robert works as a specialist prosthodontist in
Sydney. He is a Fellow of the ITI and a Fellow of Pierre Fauchard Academy.
Save This Event
When & Where
Straumann is a pioneer and global leader in implant dentistry. In collaboration with leading clinics, research institutes and universities, Straumann researches, develops and manufactures dental implants, instruments, prosthetics and tissue regeneration products for use in tooth replacement and restoration solutions or to prevent tooth loss.
It is Straumann’s mission to be the benchmark in our industry for professional training and continuing development for all our customers worldwide.