San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
What You Will Learn
- Introduction to Pigments, Dyes & Metalics
- Create your very own Resin Artwork on a Solid Primed Panel
- Explore different colour combinations and design elements
- Knowledge of Epoxycast Resin & techniques used in application
- Ongoing support and knowledge to assist your future resin projects
What You Get
- All materials provided
- Choice of 40cm or 50cm round solid Panel
- Large range of pigments and colours to choose from
- Knowledge and guidance from an experienced artist and mentor
- You will create your own piece of Resin Art
- What is resin & the safety precautions and protective equipment required
- Application & preparing suitable support surfaces
- Explore the mixing of different pigments & colour
- Design your own artwork & use your own colour choice
- Learn the trade secrets in creating the perfect high gloss finish
Join this fun filled Creative workshop & create your very own Original Resin Artwork
This workshop is for all levels & will give you the knowledge of epoxy resin techniques & ongoing support & knowledge to assist your future resin projects.
All of the materials are provided. Wear old clothes & an Apron
Epoxycast Clear Resin is a general purpose casting system for processing and curing at room temperature.
Product highlights include:
Epoxycast Resin is a two-part product used for many different purposes and works extremely well for Resin Art projects in many applications wether as a Direct Resin Art Pour or used as a Top Coat over an existing completed Artwork - Epoxycast has a Low initial viscosity, good thermal stability at temperature 20 degrees celsius to 70 degrees celsius. It is particularly beneficial when used for Resin Art as the curing time is faster than some other resin products meaning you can hang your artwork the very next day
Resin Starter Kits, Circular, & Rectangular Panels are available for purchase
You can purchase these via Lorna at her studio or at the Workshop Venue
Our workshops are a maximum of 12 participants.
The resin will take a min of 24hrs to dry so you will also need to arrange to collect your artwork after this time
Louis Joel Art and Community Centre
5 Sargood Street
Lorna Ballantyne-Epps - Lakehouse Studio
Lorna was born in Dumfries, Scotland, but was raised in Stornoway, on the Isle of Lewis, a remote town in the Western Isles, Scotland, above the Isle of Skye. She has lived all over Europe and Overseas, and was trained by the Founder of the UK National “Paint-Magic” franchise, Jocasta Innes, in Islington, London, on Interior Design and Painting techniques in particular; Stencil, Stucco, Marble, Trompe l'oeil & Painted Furniture. This is where Lorna’s love of playing with colour and interior design began.
Lorna has exhibited works in Central Coast, NSW, Sydney & Melbourne as well as private commissions. Her Solo exhibition at the Louis Joel Gallery, “One Woman Show” sold over 60% as well as several private commissions for her mixed media works.
Since returning to NSW Lorna has had considerable success with her Large Statement Piece "Mixed Media Works" and has sold overseas to UK, USA, Asia and Canada.
Her current Exhibition "FLUID" in The emporium - Newcastle has had great feedback and the Creative Workshop Series available at the venue has seen several of the workshops SELL OUT in the first week
These Creative Workshops are popular with beginners and more experienced artists. Lorna has an easy teaching style and embraces new techniques and mediums with enthusiasm which is contagious. There are No Mistakes - Only Endless Possibilities in these amazing Fun Workshops where Vibrant and Juicy Colours are used wether it be Resin Art, Alcohol Inks or Acrylics - jump in and book a Workshop today - on your own, a family member, firend or group - You will not to be disapointed!
Workshops are available all accross Australia and also in the USA in 2017