Actions and Detail Panel
PRINTING B&W NEGS: DEMO SESSION
Wed. 9 November 2016, 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm AEST
Series 2 PRINTING B&W NEGS: DEMO SESSION
Limited number of 6 participants (min 4 to run) – Demonstration + Practical
In this session you will encounter and experience the Dark Art of PRINTING B&W NEGATIVES. The topics will cover all of the key information required to setup and work in a darkroom making your own prints. If you processed negatives in series 1 you will have a contact sheet made.
This session is a ‘show and tell’ of the following topics. Handouts and URL links to useful sites are included in the session notes provided.
Who would benefit from this session:
- People with no previous practical printing experience including those who might have seen darkroom work done but not engaged with it at any significant level
- Those who may have done darkroom work some time ago and are seeking a refresh program to update them on the contemporary process.
TOPICS: Printing and darkroom
- Darkroom design for workflow – Wet/Dry
- Chemicals and handling / Safety
- Enlargers – What is a good one…?
- Preparing the darkroom for print-making
- Making contact and test prints
- Making the print
- Density and contrast / using filters
- Dodge and burn – localised density and contrast control
- How to minumise spots, marks and scratches
- Process / wash / dry
- Using plastic (RC) paper
- Setting up an impromptu darkroom in a bathroom or laundry
This session links with Darkroom Series Parts 3: DIY PRINTING.
DATE: Wednesday November 9, 6.00 – 8.30pm
Cost: $65 per person (includes 1 contact sheet size 10x8 + chemicals)
For this workshop to run we need 4 participants
– Up until 48 hours notice before start time – 75% refund
– Less than 48 hours before start time, unless position is filled – no refund