Actions and Detail Panel
Personal Liability for Director and Managers for workplace issues
Tue. 16 May 2017, 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm AEST
It remains true that the “employer company” usually faces the main exposure for employment related claims. However, some recent developments have seen Directors and Managers facing personal exposure when things go wrong.
This seminar will explain the circumstances where a directors or manager can be held personally liable for decisions and actions:
- Civil penalties for underpayment of wages;
- Exposure for “sham contracting”
- Personal obligation for underpayment of superannuation or tax – particularly in insolvency situations;
- Obligations under safety legislation
- Being an accessory to discrimination or harassment claims
Who should attend this seminar?
- Company Directors and Officers
- Human Resources Directors