Actions and Detail Panel
Open Opportunity 2016 - Canberra
Thu. 24 November 2016, 7:30 am – 11:30 am AEDT
Examining the Digital Transformation Agenda
The Open Opportunity 2016 – Canberra forum explores the digital transformation journey of government, with a specific focus on the huge changes to technology procurement, and to the implications of digital practices for cybersecurity in the public sector.
Digital transformation in government takes many forms. But it is underpinned – at least in part – by the technology procurement policy and practices. This forum looks at the changes to the public sector tech procurement landscape, and looks at how departments and agencies can get the maximum benefit from the new technology regime.
Cybersecurity best practice is fundamental to digital transformation, and to the delivery of improved government services. The Open Opportunity 2016 – Canberra forum provides a platform for better understanding how the cybersecurity in government presents both challenges and opportunities for the departments and agencies building these services.
The Open Opportunity 2016 – Canberra forum will arm the digital leadership teams in departments and agencies with a better understanding of how the changes to technology procurement foreshadowed during the election campaign will operate in practice – and how cybersecurity policy fits within new digital frameworks.
This event will:
- provide insights into how to attract senior skills from the private sector to work in government on complex projects of national significance
- look at new procurement models that enable maximum flexibility while maintaining governance structures that citizens expect
- explore open data opportunities, and new models for attracting private sector collaboration
Who should attend?
Public sector chief information officers, chief digital officers, chief technology officers, change management executives, procurement specialists, senior human resources managers, policy advisors, senior communications managers.
- ICT procurement and its role in digital transformation
- Market Place Strategy: How Australian SMEs take advantage of opportunities
- Two-speed ICT in government
- Digital skills, data skills and the service delivery pipeline
- Open Data and strategies for public-private partnerships
You can find the full speaker list here
By booking your ticket you automatically receive a free subscription to innovationaus.com.