Actions and Detail Panel
On The Bend / On The Mend - Coffee and Beer Festival
Sun. 2 April 2017, 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm AEST
Really, there's not much else that us Melbournites love more than great coffee and great beer. With our friends at Aviary Coffee recently installing a 10kg coffee roaster at the brewery and with the Melbourne International Coffee Expo (M.I.C.E) coming up at the end of March we thought it perfect timing to bring these two adored beverages together in one big celebration - behold ON THE BEND / ON THE MEND.
The event will feature six local breweries and six local coffee roasters collaborating on a total of 12 different beers that feature coffee as a key ingredient. The day will also feature coffee and beer workshops, a Maker & Monger Raclette Cheese Bar and live music by local blazing boogie maestro Pugsley Buzzard.
ALL the vices in one place!
Your ticket includes, as much beer, coffee, coffee beer, cheese and music that you can consume within 5hrs. Responsibly, of course.
Breweries & Beers
3 Ravens Brewery + Aviary Coffee
1. Bronze Lion - Cask-conditioned Extra Special Bitter blended with 15 hour Cold Brew naturally processed heirloom coffee varietals from the Gedeo Zone, Yirgacheffe 1950-2150 masl.
Mash Brewing + Small Batch Coffee Roasters
2. "Carlos Sultana" - Cascara Berliner Weisse
This concentrated tea was blended with an un-hopped version of our kettle soured Berliner Weisse “Wizz Fizz” resulting in a delicate sour fruit wheat beer.
Tallboy & Moose + Red Bean Coffee Roasters
3. Brookston Guatemala - American style Amber Lager w/ single origin coffee added from Red Bean Coffee Roasters.
4. Waimatu NZ IPA
Sailors Grave Brewing + Wide Open Road
5. White Stout brewed with local sea urchin, cacao nibs and Wide Open Road ultra-light roasted beans
6. Black Lichtenhainer with Wide open road beans and fresh lime
Hop Nation Brewing Co + DC Specialty Coffee Roasters
7. Coffee IPA - Ethiopian Cold Brew infused into an IPA
8. Coffee Sour Brown - Costa Rica Cold Brew infused into a Sour Brown that has aged in a French Oak barrel for 8 months.
Temple Brewing + Wide Open Road
9. "ShadyStance" Pilsner -16 hour coffee infused Powerstance using the Shady Lane Blend
10."Rye Chai La-Lai" IPA - Rye Hard IPA and Wide Open Road’s secret Chai mix. Combined! Like a boss.
Blackman's Brewery + Cartel Coffee Roasters
11. Cartel Coffee Lager - A Czech style pilsner with hints of lemon and a dry finish, with cartel drummer boy blend added to the beer to show what lager and coffee can do!
“Fruit, acid and funk are commonly talked about in beer and they’re also a part of coffee language. This is what has got us really excited about all the potential combinations. There will be no restrictions on the collaborations so expect anything from a shot of cold brew into a glass of beer, boilermaker style through to some really out there brews.”