Actions and Detail Panel
Networking confidently for job search & career change success
Tue. 21 March 2017, 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm AEDT
- Are you interested in finding the jobs that are not advertised?
- Do you want to change career?
- Are you wanting to progress your career and do not know how to get started?
- Do you want to be ready for a ‘chance event’
It has been well documented that we live in a world of constant change. ‘The Chaos Theory of Careers’ (Pryor and Bright, 2011) suggests that we cannot plan for career events. This means that we need to be proficient in techniques to cope with opportunities as they arise, rather than set plans. Networking is one of these core skills to help you in the chaos of work.
We all have a network but we either do not know who to access it or we do not know what to say in a networking meeting. Leadership and professional programs are often out of date with career management tools and do not include career management development. Hence most people are never taught networking skills!
This workshop focuses on networking in the 21st century and how you can easily master the techniques and not feel like you are a doing a hard sell routine! It is a fast track way to help you understand networking and why it is a skill you can easily master.
The workshop will include:
1. Networking in the 21st Century career
2. Networking, Tools and techniques to help you actually enjoy networking
3. A chance to practice networking techniques
Session length: 1 1/2 hours (12.30 -2pm)
Workshop cost: $45 (materials included)
Places: there are limited places for 10 attendees only.
*Note these are brown bag lunch workshops, please bring along your lunch. Drinks will be provided.