With the days rushing and little chance to really grasp them, spending a moment aside to reconnect with what matters most, matters.
Momentous is a vital moment of significance to take from our months to be in stillness with ourselves and each other. Moment. Us.
In this monthly gathering, intended to be a reliable space you can come to, we will share in the most powerful ways we know to reconnect with self and 'other.'
THIS MONTH'S INTENTION:
The theme for this gathering will be 'RE-CHARGE,' so this will be an energizing gathering with the yoga, meditation, facilitation and movement centred around connecting with what energizes us and the energy within us in every moment.
THIS MONTH'S ACTIVITIES:
- yoga (with Xander Sanbrook)
- dynamic and movement meditation (with Al Jeffery)
- facilitated connection (with Al Jeffery)
- matcha tea ceremony (optional)
- curated and nourishing finger food (included!)
WHAT TO BRING:
- Yoga Mat
- Strap/bolster/block (if needed)
- Journal (for reflection)
- Fun & loving attitude !!!
//Openness - we ask everyone to come with an open mind and heart. Leaving our judgement for ourselves and others at the door and experiencing what it may be like without.
//Sharing - as a community event, we ask that we all show up to share our whole selves. This includes our gifts, our passion, our challenges and our vulnerabilities.
//Whole-istic - we nurture a well-rounded view. Taking into consideration people and the planet. Being aware of the footprint our actions leave on the land we are on. Packaging, food sources, the lot!
//Participation - be part. This is as much yours as it is 'ours!' We believe the magic of humanity is in each of us, together. Please share your ideas, feedback and passion here. This is a platform.
MOMENTOUS PAYMENT MODEL:
As we'd like these gatherings to be open and accessible to everyone, we'd thought long and hard to come up with a model that works. Here's what we've come up with in exchange for the whole gathering:
1. $20 online registration before the gathering
2. $25 payment on the door (you can pay by card also)
3. Alternative value-exchange: for those who may not be able to pay the money-cost, we know there is something else we can exchange (ie. support on the day, help with the dishes, other talents to offer). If you'd like to take this option, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an application for the 'Alternative value exchange' ticket. We can only afford to offer a couple of these per event, but we do like to offer them. So if you are passionate about it, please get in touch quickly.
Look forward to seeing you there on the 27th, ready to re-charge!
Sal, Xan and Al
In case you wanted to know a little about us:
Sal is the Founder of Make Thrift Creative Services, and truly a shape-shifting “Jill of all trades.” With a background in community arts participation and expressive therapies, she explores the transformational and healing potential of immersive creative experiences that blur the lines between artist and audience.
During the event, Sally invites you to connect with self and other in an intimate Matcha tea ceremony, designed to foster awareness, attunement and appreciation of tranquility. Offering insight and reflection as window and mirror, she celebrates nature’s beauty and abundance whilst sharing anecdotal wisdom from lived experience
Al is a certified yoga and meditation teacher, and an international speaker and facilitator. With a strong passion for community and human potential he speaks and facilitates globally to create empowering spaces for personal and social transformation, taking inspiration from ancient wisdom. His approach to facilitation is very organic, emergent and powerful, we never know what will show up when everyone suddenly opens up and expresses.
Xander is a yoga teacher and facilitator recently returning from his training in India with a strong passion for providing space for people to dedicate to themselves. Finding a community to be part of every Sunday last year, and sharing yoga in the park made a significant shift in his life. His very balanced approach to yoga, being a merger between slow-flow and restorative yoga allows people to drop-in and re-connect with the breath and body.