Mental Health - Let's Talk About It
To recognise R U Okay Day (8th September) and World Suicide Prevention Day (10th September), The City of Playford, headspace Edinburgh North and the Northern Health Network are presenting this important event for community members, professionals and young people.
Guest speakers include The Black Dog Institute who will talk about:
- Mood disorders and their causes
- Signs and symptoms of depression and bipolar disorder
- When and where to seek help
- Practical strategies for offering support and communicating with someone you are worried about
- Strategies for building personal resilience
Other guest presenters include Ms Stef Caminiti from the Inner Ninja Foundation and Mr Pat Lawson from 3Words; I Need Help who will talk from a lived experience perspective about their mental health journey and focus on mental health, wellbeing, resilience, wellness and self acceptance. Stef and Pat are currently providing presentations across Australia on their Here 2 Help tour.
We hope that this will be an informative evening and a platform for future discussion, for learning about mental health and our services.The NHN and headspace Edinburgh North thank the City of Playford for their generous support of this event.