Are you a heart-centred person who wants more love, joy, meaning and fulfillment in your life?
Or are you a coach, healer or therapist who supports other people to heal and thrive, physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually?
Or are you an actor, improviser or drama teacher who’d like to explore some fun ways of using improv games?
You’re invited to “Life is a Playground of Possibilities – Improvising More Resourceful, Joyful Ways of Being”, an experiential workshop on May 9, led by visiting trainer, healer and improvisation performer Kay Ross from Hong Kong.
Weaving together her interests in healing, improvisation and storytelling, Kay has developed a concept she calls “The Playground of Possibilities”. She explains: “Life is a playground of possibilities! In every moment, the Universe makes abundant offers to us and invites us to decide what we want, trust that it’s possible to have it, approach life with an improvisational mindset, take bold action, transform the stories we believe about ourselves, and have fun.”
So in this practical workshop (no observers; everyone participates), you’ll:
- examine and transform your thoughts, beliefs and stories about yourself and the world,
- listen to the wisdom of your body,
- pay attention to the offers from the Universe,
- play some improvisation games where you’ll try on some new, more resourceful ways of thinking and being,
- play with Kay’s “Playground of Possibilities” card deck (52 cards with thought- and action-provoking questions),
- get a taste of what it might be like to live in The Playground of Possibilities, every day
- support other players to step into the Playground.
Kay presented this workshop at the conference of the international Applied Improvisation Network in Montreal, Canada, last September, and one participant commented on Facebook: “Collective magic, under your careful guidance, at work! What a lovely thing to participate in!”
Minimum age: 15
Maximum number of participants: 25
Please wear loose, comfortable clothes – you’ll be moving around and playing some games.
Oh, and just to reassure you, no improvisation experience is required.
If you prefer to pay via bank transfer or by cash on the night, that’s fine! Please contact Omanisa Ross for details and to reserve your spot at the workshop: 0438110872 or email@example.com
P.S. Kay presented a 2.5-hour version of this workshop in Hong Kong on Saturday afternoon April 23.
P.P.S. In the media:
- On April 15, Kay was interviewed about the workshop on "The 1 2 3 Show" on RTHK Radio 3 in Hong Kong, hosted by Noreen Mir. Here's the recording of the 27-minute interview.
- Kay's niece Omanisa Ross, who lives in Darwin, interviewed Kay about the workshop and the ideas behind it, and wrote a blog post, “The Playground of Possibilities”.