Actions and Detail Panel
Lake Mac GLAM Symposium 2017
Mon. 10 April 2017, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm AEST
LAKE MAC GLAM is the inaugural galleries, libraries, archive and museum symposium in Lake Macquarie.
The symposium offers a unique and targeted professional development opportunity, providing a forum to participate in contemporary presentations and workshops, as well as a chance to improve our sector profile and networks. View the complete program here: http://bit.ly/2lBHbqz
Who should attend?
Library, gallery, performing arts, archive and museum workers, and other local government cultural development colleagues within the Lake Macquarie, Newcastle, Central Coast and Gosford, Maitland, Cessnock and Port Stephens regions, who are interested in developing their networks and discovering what's trending in the sector.
• Dr Matt Finch, Creative in Residence, State Library of Queensland
• Alex Bowen - Executive Manager, Creative City, City of Sydney
• Ben Conyers (Manager, Service Delivery and Design) State Library Victoria
• Dr Sue Gillett, Senior Lecturer . College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce, La Trobe University
• Chris King Coordinator – Art and Culture, Gosford City Council
• Penny Amberg, Community Development and Engagement Coordinator, Port Stephens
• Liz Burcham – Cultural Director, Newcastle City Council
• Donna Carsden - Manager of Indigenous Programs, Australian National Maritime Museum
How to get there?
Lake Macquarie City Art Gallery is at First Street Booragul NSW 2284 (adjacent to Lake Macquarie High School). Free parking available to the left of the roundabout when entering the grounds.
$50 (plus GST) GLAM worker
$40 (plus GST) Volunteer
Registration includes welcome coffee, morning, lunch and afternoon teas and showbag