Actions and Detail Panel
Fri., 10/11/2017, 12:00 pm – Sun., 12/11/2017, 5:00 pm AEST
The Australian Writers Marketplace presents the 2017 GenreCon – a biennial writer's conference for emerging and established writers and editors of fantasy, crime, romance, mystery, thrillers, horror, and more.
GenreCon gives you a chance to connect with some of Australia's most knowledgeable genre writers, including special guests Angela Slatter, Amy Andrews, and Emma Viskic, and international guests, Delilah S. Dawson and Nalini Singh. Come expand your network as you meet over 200 emerging and established authors, meet with professionals willing to talk candidly about the ways they built their careers, and pitch your works to editors and publishers from around Australia.
GenreCon is a catered conference, providing morning tea, afternoon tea, and lunch on the Saturday and Sunday. Your conference registration gets you into all discussion panels over the GenreCon weekend, in addition to giving you the opportunity to secure spots in the GenreCon workshop and pitching program.
- Early Bird Registration (until March 31): $250
- Full Weekend Registration (April 1 to August 31): $280
- Full Weekend Registration (September 1 to October 30): $315
- Concession Registration (Pension Card, Health Care Card, or Full Time Student Card required): $250
We also host two special events as part of the conference:
Opening Night Reception (Friday 7:00 pm - 8:00 PM; Early Bird Tickets: $26): Join us as we officially launch the 2017 GenreCon GenreCon. Meet our guests and other attendees over wine and cheese, and help us kick off the conference in style. Tickets will rise to $28 after March 31.
Mods & Monsters Speakeasy (Saturday 7:00 - 9:00 PM; Early Bird Tickets: $55): On Saturday night, GenreCon transforms the Queensland Terrace into the Mods and Monsters Speakeasy – a chance to frock up, let our hair down, and mingle over a few sneaky drinks and tasty food. Tickets will rise to $60 after March 31.
Once you've registered, you’ll also be given the opportunity to sign up for some special workshops being run by our partner organisation, Queensland Writers Centre, in the lead-up to GenreCon.
Registration for the 2017 GenreCon will close on Friday, 3 November. Tickets will not be available at the door.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. While all guests and presenters have confirmed their appearance, no responsibility can be accepted for any changed circumstances which are beyond our control.
2. Refund Policy: QWC will refund conference registration, less administration fees of $25, if notice of cancellation is received prior to September 30, 2017. A 50% refund will apply of the cancellation is received in writing prior to November 3,2017. No refunds will be considered for cancellation notices received by QWC after November 3, 2017.
3. Attendees registering for a concession membership will be expected to present their concession card when collecting their badge at the conference. If the concession card cannot be presented, the registration will be converted into a single-day pass.
4. All attendees agree to comply with the GenreCon Code of Conduct and Anti-Harrasment Policy.
4. For queries or more information about this event, please see the GenreCon FAQ or contact Peter Ball (GenreCon@awmonline.com.au).