To kick off our events for the 2016/2017 season, we would like everyone to get up to speed with preparations for med school entrance, whatever it may be. We have two super practical workshops on Sunday 27th November to jump start your preparation for the UMAT and interview!
UMAT Shouldn't Be So Damn Hard! 1:00pm to 3:00pm
(For all students who will be taking the UMAT in 2017)
What better way to begin preparation than learning the top techniques used by hundreds of students to achieve UMAT success? This two-hour tutorial will unravel the mysteries behind conquering UMAT, one section at a time.
We will be firstly addressing key issues students experience when preparing for UMAT.
• Things you must avoid when studying for UMAT
• Time-saving strategies - instead of pouring in hours attempting endless questions
• How to prepare for the unexpected in this year's UMAT test
Things you must avoid when studying for UMAT
Secondly, we will be taking you through the working in answering selected UMAT questions that are new to the 2016 UMAT exam . You will learn exactly how to approach each question type from qualified educators.
By the end of the tutorial, you will gain insight, grow confidence and lose the guess work in conquering UMAT.
Dominate Your Med School Interview - 4:00 to 6:00pm
(For all students with upcoming interviews in Melbourne (spec Monash Uni) and interstate)
We will be firstly addressing:
• How does a medical school interview work? We will be explaining the similarities and differences in both semi-structured (conversational) and multiple mini interviews (MMI) formats used by universities like Monash.
• The key selection criteria for determining successful candidates - in short, we will tell you exactly what they are looking for and how they score you. This is a must-know for anyone interested in preparing correctly.
• The must-have's for a TOP interview response - you will know what your answer needs to contain AND how it needs to be said for you to stand out from the crowd
Secondly, we will be doing some practice!
• Selection of most popular and tricky interview questions - we will be choosing a good sample of interview questions our students encountered in their end 2015/early 2016 interviews across medical schools in Australia. Then, we will apply what we have learnt and receive feedback to instantly improve your response
• Our professional interview coach will be breaking down the processes involved in answering a response and provide immediate feedback on what matters most!
Join us that day and be truly prepared!
Q1. What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Q2. Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Ans: Feel free to make a post on the event page, or send us a private message via Facebook or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org