Dementia Education and Training for Carers
The Respite and Carelink Centre aims to improve the quality of life of people living with dementia by providing information and support to their carers. One way we achieve this is through Dementia Education and Training information sessions for carers who live in the Perth Metro North region.
Thursday, 22 September 2016
This presentation provided by Alzheimers Australia, will include information and practical strategies to support positive interaction between you and your loved one with dementia. You will be able to:
- learn about changes associated with dementia and how to respond
- explore the feelings associated with caring and how to process these feelings.
Please feel free to bring your family and friends to this informative session.
Thursday, 27 October 2016
Have you ever been in a position where you needed to help your love one who has fallen over, or assist them to transfer between a chair and a wheelchair? This session will provide a range of practical strategies that will help you safely support your loved one to:
- get up off the floor after a fall
- transfer from a chair to a wheelchair
- assist with moving a chair close to the table
- walk beside someone who may be unsteady on their feet.
Our friendly Occupational Therapist will also be available to answer any specific questions that you may have about providing this level of support safely.