Toby Bellwood will talk about the work currently underway to modernise and enhance the data.gov.au platform, as well as talk about his learnings from the recent open data conference in Madrid.
As part of the future data.gov.au, the following areas are being looked at initially:
- Improved search and discovery
- Enhanced publishing and data quality workflow
- Better integration with other federal, state and local govt catalogues
- Providing a potential platform for opportunities for collaboration around, and enhancement of open data
- Providing structural, as well as descriptive metadata for datasets
- Other targets for development, and what lies ahead
Toby will also talk about some of the other data skills and training initiatives and opportunities underway in the Public Data Branch.
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Toby is an Adviser for Open Data Platforms in the Public Data Branch of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, with responsibility for data.gov.au and nationalmap.gov.au as well as Government Engagement. He has worked in a number of roles in and out of Government around spatial data, open data and designing data infrastructure, working extensively with a large range of data from all levels of Government, as well as the research, non-profit and private sectors.
There is parking at the venue.
The presentation will start at 5:30. Networking drinks available from 5pm and canapes will be served from 6:30.