This workshop is designed to assist frontline health and community service practitioners who work in AOD treatment or casework support roles to better understand and respond to the specific needs of clients who use methamphetamine.
- Overview of meth/amphetamine
- History, statistics, current trends and rates of use
- Risks and harms
- Dependence, intoxication, withdrawal and psychosis
- Harm reduction
- Aggressive behaviour management
- Evidence-based treatment options
- Overview of new "Meth-Check" treatment tools
- Supporting families and significant others
- Designing services to better respond
Michelle Taylor, Occupational Therapist, SWAM Project
Karen Hassan, Clinical Nurse Consultant, SWAM Project
This training is not open to non-professionals or members of the general public.
Please be aware that if you are unable to attended this training you can access our e-learning module through www.insightqld.org
We look forward to seeing you at the workshop.
This initiative is part of Queensland Health's response to "ice" crystal methamphetamine.