Connecting over Fair Food
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Connecting over Fair Food is a free event with a "Pay As You Feel" opportunity at the door. All donations will be used for future Food Fairness Illawarra events to fuel the Fair Food conversation!
October 15-23 is National Fair Food Week, and Food Fairness Illawarra, with support from Wollongong, Shellharbour and Kiama Councils are partnering to bring you a local event to celebrate Fair Food in the Illawarra!
Local interest is growing in a fairer food system with a number of new and innovative grassroots initiatives developing in the Illawarra. This evening event aims to connect and celebrate our local fair food community, showcase projects addressing food security, sustainable agriculture and sustainable food systems, and expand conversations about fair food. Come along to enjoy local food, connect with other foodies and celebrate the food our region has to offer. There will be a range of local speakers, expo stalls, a Fair Food community notice board & lots of time to mingle.
With special guest Costa Georgiadis and the following local speakers :
- Emma Huber from Sandy Goodwich
- Sarah Anderson from Popes produce
- Mahlah Grey from The Pines Dairy
- Ann Burbrook from Fair Food Forager
- Kiama Community Garden
- Karen TavernSmith from Food Fairness Illawarra
- Callum Champagne from Green Connect
- Nick Gill from Social Sciences, UOW
- Kiama Farmers Market
- Sophie Wright-Pedersen from Cook Chill Chat
- Flame Tree Community Coop
>> Anyone involved in a Fair Food project is welcome to bring along a poster for on the event's Fair Food poster wall <<