Actions and Detail Panel
Coastalwatch Plus Surf Forecast Workshop - TORQUAY
Sat. 15 April 2017, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm AEST
Join Ben Macartney & Nick Carroll and learn how to read swell maps, forecast your next surf trip to Indo and re-live the June 2016 swell.
ABOUT THE EVENT:
The 2017 Coastalwatch Plus Surf Forecast Workshop hosted by Ben Macartney and Nick Carroll will this year visit the Gold Coast, Manly and Torquay. This year's event will further develop your surf forecast understanding and skill set through a range of different case studies and interactive tools.
Join us as we walk you through Surf Forecasting 101, teach you exactly how to forecast your Indo surf trip this winter and find out what exactly happened during the key swells in Victoria in 2016. At the conclusion of the event join us on the for a cold Stone & Wood beer and a chat with Ben and Nick.
Saturday 25th February 2017, 3pm - 5pm
Queenscliff Surf Life Saving Club, Manly Beach (Australian Open of Surfing)
Wednesday 15th March 2017, 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Rainbow Bay Surf Club (Quiksilver Pro)
Saturday 15th April 2017, 6.30pm - 8.30pm
Torquay Surf Life Saving Club (Rip Curl Pro)
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Surf Forecasting 101 (plus an introduction to surf forecasting digital resource upon ticket purchase)
- Understanding and interpreting forecasting resources
- The steps to forecasting and foreseeing swell in Indonesia
- Tips to planning your Indo surf trip
- Setting up a swell alert on Coastalwatch so you never miss conditions
- Understanding and reflecting on the major swell events of 2016
This event is FREE for Coastalwatch Plus Members and $49.95 for general admission.
General admission includes a 3-month access to Coastalwatch Plus.
ABOUT THE PRESENTERS
BEN MACARTNEY: Ben joined the Coastalwatch team in 2005 and has grown to become the lead of the national surf forecasting team. On a daily basis at Coastalwatch Ben forecasts for the east coast regions of Australia including QLD, NSW and down through Victoria, and also tracks major swells for Indonesia and the South Pacific region that take in some of Australia's most favourite surfing destinations like Indonesia.
NICK CARROLL: Nick joined Coastalwatch in 2016. Renowned as one of the surf industries most respected and prolific writers, he is also passionate about surf forecasting, tracking and surfing impressive swells. Nick will join Ben in advancing your forecasting knowledge and helping you understand the key elements to picking the best spots and times to pack up your gear for a surf trip.
- Are there ID requirements to enter the event? Only for Coastalwatch Plus free entry. We will be checking upon processing that you are an existing member. If you are not an existing member you can purchase a ticket for $49.95 that will give you 3-months access or sign up for a full year and receive free entry.
- Where can I contact the organiser with any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this event.
- Is my registration/ticket transferrable? Yes, your ticket is transferable please contact email@example.com to transfer your ticket.
- Is my registration/ticket refundable? No, unfortunately, tickets to this event are non-refundable.
- Do I need to bring anything to the event? You can bring a pen and paper to take notes if you like, however, we will provide a link to an online resource on the night so a smart phone or ipad would be ideal.
- Is there an age restriction? No, there is no age restriction however, we recommend the content is most appropriate for ages 14+. Please note that there will be beer served at the event. All persons over 18 will be issues with a wristband upon entry.
- Will the presenters be available after the event to talk? Yes we will be available after the event for questions and a chat.