Actions and Detail Panel
Cancelled - Breastfeeding Education - Advanced Level - 8 hour Professional...
Advanced Level Breastfeeding Day – Primarily for midwives (nurses may attend)
It is highly recommended that you have attended a BFHI foundation breastfeeding day (RWH or equivalent) previously.
This evidence-based day will build on the clinician’s basic knowledge of breastfeeding and explore some of the more challenging aspects of supporting the breastfeeding woman. The topics will cover:
- Why won’t babies feed?
- Medicines - illicit drugs- alcohol and breastfeeding
- Mastitis – abscess- white spot and nipple trauma
- Positioning & Attachment – improve the feeds and stop nipple damage
- Infections –Thrush – Jaundice
- Helping women with large breasts
- Twin feeding and the late preterm
- Hypoglycaemia and acceptable medical reasons for supplementation
- Weight loss & low milk supply
- Breastfeeding tools and devices
- Helping babies with tongue tie & clefts