Incoming Sustinable Energy Now CEO Ian Porter will introduce to Michael Lord, Acting-CEO of Beyond Zero Emissions to Perth for his first visit. Michael Lord will be present the Renewable Energy Superpower Report findings, insights and recommendations.
Panelists for Q&A:
Robin Chapple, MLC | WA Greens Spokesperson for Energy
Dorinda Cox | Womens Council (WA)
Michael Lord | Acting-CEO BZE
Chris Tallentire, MLA | WA ALP Shadow Minister for Environment
Renewable Energy Superpower is the fifth part in the acclaimed Zero Carbon Australia series, detailing full and rapid decarbonisation of Australia's stationary energy, buildings, transport, land use, export and industrial sectors. Zero Carbon Australia is a joint project between Beyond Zero Emissions and The University of Melbourne's Energy Research Institute.
The Renewable Energy Superpower report highlights the feedbacks anticipated by the global transition to clean energy and the opportunities this presents for Australia.
While Australia's emissions intensive exports face declining prospects, the global build out of clean energy is a once in a lifetime industrial opportunity.
In addition, Australia's renewable energy resources can provide a sustained competitive edge for energy intensive industry.
The report shows :
- Renewable energy and energy efficiency will attract more investment over the next 20 years than the development of coal, gas and oil combined;
- This is a limited time opportunity and industry must be prepared in advance to capitalise;
- Energy self-sufficiency will increase and the international energy trade will decrease;
- Abundant high quality renewable resources will be the future energy advantage;
- Energy intensive industry will migrate to nations with low cost renewable energy;
- Australia's economic renewable energy resource potential is much greater than its coal, gas, oil and uranium resources combined;
- Australia's energy competitiveness has been lost over the last ten years and can be recovered by consolidating the nations gas and petroleum use to electricity.
Following these presentations will be a Q&A session. Questions from the audience will be put to the panel of listed above. We welcome your questions in advance, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Zero Carbon Australia series is known for its expert sector-by-sector emissions analysis, fully costed projections and shift metrics scaled to 10 year zero and 'beyond zero' transitions
BZE's Zero Carbon Communities initiative is currently developing regional and council 10year zero emissions blueprints based on the entire ZCA series.
BZE's Energy Freedom initiative partners leading businesses with householders to implement a 9-step energy upgrade that wipes out gas and electricity bills and steps up comfort.