ANDS, NeCTAR, QCIF, Intersect, VICNode, eRSA and Pawsey have joined forces to organize a monthly Tech Talk virtual and face-to-face meeting.
For more and latest information abou this Monthly Tech Talk event, please visit the event page at the MeetUp.
Topic: Data Visualisation
Data visualisation is one of the steps in data analysis process. Researchers have long been using data visualisation tools to identify patterns, find correlations, and spot trends and anomalies etc. in data. Data visualisation is of more importance when we deal with big and multiple dimensional data, where it is almost impossible to comprehend data or find linkages between data points in a spreadsheet or in other quantitative formats.
In this March Tech Talk event, three data technologists and researchers will present their work of either applying or developing data visualisation tools for different types of data and visualisation tasks.
Zegami - A Visual Discovery and Analytics Platform (George Sainsbury, Data Architect & Software Engineer at the Plant Accelerator)
Exploring Visualisation Tools for Massive Point Clouds (Adam Steer, Earth Systems data specialist at National Computational Infrastructure)
Large-scale comparative visualisation of sets of multidimensional data (David Barnes, Associated Professor & Director of Monash Immersive Visualisation Platform)
Who should come along?
The general purpose for this virtual plus face-to-face meeting is twofold:
Provide a national forum for developers working with research data and/or research data management to discuss topics of interest
Enable a dialogue between developers and NCRIS facilities
This event is for anyone who wants to know more about tech aspects of data and NCRIS facilities:
researchers who are building data tools
How does virtual and face-to-face work?
Tell us which of the 7 hubs you'll be attending (on the next page when you complete this Eventbrite registration.)
You are highly recommended to go to your local hub. For remote attendees who are not able to make to any of the hubs, please select "Join Remotely", we will then email you the virtual meeting ZOOM ID.
The talks will take about an hour (3:00pm-4:00pm AEDT), followed by face-to-face networking and discussion at the 7 hub locations (4:00pm-5:00pm), facilitated by local hub facilitators:
- Adelaide: Ira Raymond Room, Barr Smith Library, University of Adelaide North Terrace Campus (starts 2.30pm ACST)
- Brisbane: Room 505, level 5, Axon Building 47, University of Queensland, St Lucia Campus (starts 2.00pm AEST)
- Canberra (Australian National University): meeting room 1, 101 Liversidge Street, Acton, ACT 2601 (starts 3.00pm AEDT)
- Melbourne (Deakin University): Deakin Downtown, 727 Collins Street (starts 3.00pm AEDT)
- Melbourne (Monash University): G22, Ground Level, S.T.R.I.P. 1, 15 Innovation Walk, Monash Clayton Campus (starts 3:00pm AEDT)
- Melbourne (La Trobe University, Bundoora): Vislab, Research Commons, La Trobe Library (starts 3.00pm AEDT)
- Perth: ARRC Boardroom (26 Dick Perry Ave, Kensington) (starts 12noon AWST)
- USQ: Q528B, QBlock, Toowoomba Campus, University of Southern Queensland (starts 2.00pm AEST)
Want to know more?
For more information abou this Monthly Tech Talk event, please visit the event page at the Tech talk MeetUp.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com