Neutral Bay’s The Oaks Hotel is joining forces with Australia’s very own Beer Diva, Kirrily Waldhorn, to host a series of events showcasing the best craft beers and produce from around Australia.
The next event focuses on craft beers and chocolate from Western Australia. You will get to indulge in four courses of delicious savoury and sweet chocolate dishes, enjoy five different craft brews, and receive a good old West Australian beer education from Beer Diva Kirrily Waldhorn.
The menu features:
- Wagyu bresaola with beer-pickled pine mushrooms, rocket and shaved dark chocolate
- Risotto with braised duck, cherry mostarda and bitter chocolate
- Beer and milk chocolate macarons from Adriano Zumbo - specially created for this event
- Mini chocolate and bacon burger with stout spider
But the beer events don't stop here. Aptly named ‘The Six States of Beer’, the bi-monthly events each put the spotlight on a different state, starting in Victoria and ending in South Australia. Each one will utilise locally produced craft beers paired with food offerings that best reflect each location.
The Victoria-themed event in February combined beers, bites and beats at a music-filled stand up soiree; the next event in April offered a showcase of Tasmanian craft beers and cheeses; the Western Australian theme will take its turn in June with a decadent beer and chocolate matching; in August The Oaks’ home turf of New South Wales will pair beer with locally raised pork; October’s the Queensland-esque event will combine beer and seafood; and rounding out the year is the South Australian flavoured event in December, which puts wine and beer head to head in a battle of the booze.
With a carefully curated selection of Australia’s best craft beers and tempting menus created by acclaimed Oaks chef Danny Russo in conjunction with local producers, this interactive beer and food experience is one national adventure not to be missed.
PLEASE NOTE: All events will be held at The Oaks Hotel in Neutral Bay, Sydney.
The next event is:
3. Beer & Chocolate from WA – June 18, 2014
Upcoming Events are:
4. Beer & Pork from NSW – August 13, 2014
5. Beer & Seafood from QLD – October 15, 2014
6. Beer vs. Wine from SA – December 10, 2014
*Please check back regularly for tickets to upcoming events as they will go on sale after the previous event.
1. Beers, Bites & Beats from Victoria – February 13, 2014
2. Beer & Cheese from Tasmania – April 16, 2014
The Oaks Hotel
The Oaks is regarded as one of Sydney's iconic hotels. Since 1885 people have been meeting in the centre of Sydney's North Shore, under the magnificent oak tree. This outside garden is the heart of the hotel and the perfect place to quench the thirst, catch up with friends, cook a succulent steak on the BBQ or dig into a pot of mussels.