Neutral Bay’s The Oaks Hotel is joining forces with Australia’s very own Beer Diva, Kirrily Waldhorn, to host a series of events showcasing the best craft beers and produce from around Australia.
The next event focuses on craft beer and boutique wine from South Australia. You will get to indulge in four courses of food matched with five different craft brews, and beer education from Beer Diva Kirrily Waldhorn.
This is The Oaks Hotel's last beer event for the year and promises to be one to remember. Over the course of 2014, the bi-monthly ‘The Six States of Beer’ events have each put the spotlight on a different state, starting in Victoria and ending in South Australia. Each one utilised locally produced craft beers paired with food offerings that best reflect each location.
The battle of the booze will at last come to a head at the SA: Beer vs. Wine event, with a focus on craft beer and boutique wine from South Australia. The event will be held at 7pm on Wednesday, December 10 at The Oaks Hotel.
Hosted by Australia’s resident ‘Beer Diva’ Kirrily Waldhorn, guests will taste their way through a selection of courses with 5 precisely paired beers and wines for the ultimate showdown. Renowned chef Danny Russo developed the four-course meal, with dishes including:
- Steamed XO soft shell crab slider with Asian slaw
- Salad of asparagus, witlof, Brussels sprouts, hazelnuts and goat’s cheese
- Smoked lamb neck with burnt leeks, baby beets and gentlemen’s relish
- Thai black rice with mango, caramel and toasted coconut
With one of life’s eternal questions on the cards, paired with a tempting menu and carefully curated beer and wine offering, this event is sure to please all gourmands!
With a carefully curated selection of Australia’s best craft beers and tempting menus created by acclaimed Oaks chef Danny Russo in conjunction with local producers, this interactive beer and food experience is one national adventure not to be missed.
PLEASE NOTE: All events will be held at The Oaks Hotel in Neutral Bay, Sydney.
The next event is:
6. Beer vs. Wine from SA – December 10, 2014
1. Beers, Bites & Beats from Victoria – February 13, 2014
2. Beer & Cheese from Tasmania – April 16, 2014
3. Beer & Chocolate from Western Australia - June 18, 2014
4. Beer & Pork from NSW – August 13, 2014
5. Beer & Seafood from QLD – October 15, 2014
The Oaks Hotel
The Oaks is regarded as one of Sydney's iconic hotels. Since 1885 people have been meeting in the centre of Sydney's North Shore, under the magnificent oak tree. This outside garden is the heart of the hotel and the perfect place to quench the thirst, catch up with friends, cook a succulent steak on the BBQ or dig into a pot of mussels.