FMDHS eLearning Colloquium
Professor Michael McCullough, Chair, eLearning and Online Learning Committee and Professor, Oral Medicine, Director of Teaching and Learning, Melbourne Dental School
Monday, 27 October 2014 from 12:30 PM to 5:00 PM (AEDT)
San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences has engaged in a wide diversity of eLearning projects in health, often developed by individuals, or small groups, for a specific need.
Following on from the inaugural colloquium in 2013, this year's MDHS eLearning Colloquium will continue to highlight eLearning across the Faculty, discuss current support available, hear about innovations occurring outside of the Faculty and outline future development for eLearning within the Faculty.
The Colloquium program is still being finalised but at this stage it will comprise:
- An insight into Educational Innovation at the University in a "post-BIP" environment - Professor Gregor Kennedy, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Educational Innovation)
- Learning Environments: how they can assist in innovating your current teaching – Ms Deborah Jones and Mr Travis Cox from Learning Environments
- MD Connect: recent innovations and future directions – Dr Kristine Elliott, Melbourne Medical School
- Lecture / Seminar Recording "off-campus" - is Echo360 enough - Speaker TBA
- MOOCS within FMDHS: innovation, reconstruction or destruction of tertiary education? -
Prof Rob Moodie, Director of Teaching & Learning, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
- iBook (the innovative book?) for the FMDHS – Ms Bronwyn Tarrant, Department of Nursing
- Innovations from Engineering; immediate feedback for student presentations. Prof David Shallcross, Director, Engineering Learning Unit, Melbourne School of EngineeringSummary and the way forward for the Faculty.