FMDHS eLearning Colloquium
Professor Michael McCullough, Chair, eLearning and Online Learning Committee and Professor, Oral Medicine, Director of Teaching and Learning, Melbourne Dental School
Monday, 27 October 2014 from 12:30 PM to 5:00 PM (AEDT)
San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
The Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences has engaged in a wide diversity of eLearning projects in health, often developed by individuals, or small groups, for a specific need.
Following on from the inaugural colloquium in 2013, this year's MDHS eLearning Colloquium will continue to highlight eLearning across the Faculty, discuss current support available, hear about innovations occurring outside of the Faculty and outline future development for eLearning within the Faculty.
The Colloquium program features:
- An insight into Educational Innovation at the University in a "post-BIP" environment - Professor Gregor Kennedy, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Educational Innovation)
- Learning Environments: supporting initiatives, ideas and practice in online and eLearning – Ms Deborah Jones and Mr Travis Cox from Learning Environments
- MD Connect: recent innovations and future directions – Dr Kristine Elliott and Dr Terry Judd, Melbourne Medical School
- Innovation with the BEST (Biomedical Education, Skills and Training) Network: Courseware and SLICE Biomedical Image Bank - Professor Nicholas Hawkins, Head, School of Medical Sciences, UNSW, Project Lead, BEST Network
- MOOC within FMDHS: Building a pathway from a MOOC offering to an online graduate course - Ms Tara Sklar, JD, MPH: Program Director and Lecturer with the Master of Ageing, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health
- iBook (the innovative book?) for the FMDHS – Ms Bronwyn Tarrant, Department of Nursing
- Innovations from Engineering; immediate feedback via an iPad app for student presentations - Professor David Shallcross, Director, Engineering Learning Unit, Melbourne School of Engineering
- Summary and the way forward for the Faculty.