The Australian Workplace Practitioners’ Network (AWPN) leads the development of foundation skills in the workplace by connecting and supporting the diverse workforce interested in strengthening foundation skills in the workplace.
Originally established to provide professional support for people working in WELL Program funded activities, the AWPN has reinvented itself and now provides professional support for all professionals interested in strengthening foundation skills in the workplace. This includes industry managers and supervisors, VET trainers and LLN specialists, and resource developers and researchers. More information about what the AWPN does can be found at www.awpn.com.au.
The AWPN’s priorities include:
• Providing targeted advice to government and decision makers regarding policy, programs, products and funding
• Delivering high value and cost effective professional development opportunities to practitioners
• Maintaining a repository for resources, research and information
• Facilitating professional and business networks
• Promoting the value and contribution of foundation skills practitioners to workforce development