Zero Carbon Australia Stationary Energy Plan Brisbane Launch
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (AEST)
You are invited to attend the Brisbane launch of the Zero Carbon Australia Stationary Energy Plan.
Welcome and MC: Professor Ian Lowe AO, Emeritus professor of science, technology and society at Griffith University and President of the Australian Conservation Foundation
- Matthew Wright, Executive Director Beyond Zero Emissions
- Dr Luis Crespo, General Secretary Protermasolar, Spain
- John Daley, CEO Grattan Institut
- Prof Ove Hoegh-Guldberg, UQ Global Change Institute
- Prof Mike Sandiford, Melbourne Energy Research Institute
- Klaus Langer, CEO Latronics Qld
- Prof John Bell, Assistant Dean, Research, Faculty of Built, Environment and Engineering QUT
- Larissa Waters, federal senator elect for Queenslandley, CEO Grattan Institute
This plan is unique in Australia. It is a detailed and costed blueprint for transitioning our stationary energy sector to 100% renewable energy in ten years. The technologies utilised in this plan are commercially available now.
This free public event will cover the details of the plan as well as the state of renewable energy in Australia more broadly. A panel discussion with technical experts will follow the presentations.
Don't miss out!
For help finding the venue click here.
Proudly sponsored by Latronics
Venue kindly provided in-kind by the Queensland University of Technology, The Australian Green Infrastructure Council, and the Cooperative Research Centre for Infrastructure Engineering Asset Management.
When & Where
Beyond Zero Emissions and the Melbourne Energy Institute
Beyond Zero Emissions Inc. is a not-for-profit research and education organisation developing blueprints for the implementation of climate change solutions. The Zero Carbon Australia research project, a collaboration with the Melbourne Energy Institute, is encouraging climate change policy that is in line with the science.