Actions and Detail Panel
Yvonne's Melbourne Sourdough Workshop - November
Sat. 12 November 2016, 10:00 am – 1:00 pm AEDT
This will be a hands-on workshop on how to make traditional sourdough bread with the 3 basic ingredients of flour, water and salt. It takes the guess work out of the sourdough making when you will be shown the science behind it.
Making sourdough is a fun hobby with the added reward of enjoying good quality bread, saving you money in the long term with a fraction cost of approximately $1 per loaf and digestive benefits due to gluten sensitivitiy,
This workshop is suitable to beginners who want to expand their bread making repertoire. You will:
• Learn about the required ingredients and tools of the trade
• Discover the fermentation techniques to optimise the open crumb texture
• Learn about the Baker’s Percentage and Hydration
During the workshop you will be hands on:
• Mix, knead and fold the dough
• Learn shaping techniques
• Learn to score and bake
• How to maintain a starter
From the workshop you will take home:
• A mini booklet including recipe, tips and hints of sourdough making
• Tasting of freshly baked bread from the class
• A piece of dough which can be baked at home
What you should bring:
• A medium rectangle or square plastic/glass container with a lid (eg. Decor 1.8L or Kmart 2.3L clip container)
• A miniature container or jar with a lid to store a tablespoon sourdough starter and take home
The class will be limited to 8 peoples with very hands on to all aspects of making sourdough, including the tasting for lunch from different variations of sourdough bread that use the basic sourdough recipe being learnt from the class (eg. Spelt, Fruit & Nut, Seeded, Wholemeal).
The cost is inclusive with Yvonne’s continued support whilst the participant is making their own bread at home.