San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
The Legal Services Commission will be holding this free education session on Thursday 4 December at the Commission's Adelaide office at 30 Flinders Street, Adelaide.
Bookings are essential for all the Commission's Free Legal Information Seminars and can be made via our Eventbrite booking page.
The session will commence at 12.30pm and conclude with a brief Q & A session at around 1.30pm.
FURTHER INFORMATION If you have further questions about this free information session please contact the Commission on 8111 5593 - or email the CLE unit here.
ABOUT THIS SESSION
Do you, or does your organisation, work with young people? Would you like clarification about the law of consent and how this applies to young people?
Do you know about the numerous youth legal support and education services the Commission can provide?
With an overarching theme of the importance of encouraging young people to engage in safe and respectful relationships, this session will clarify the legal meaning of consent, the age of consent, and examine how sexual assault laws may apply in situations involving young people. The session will also provide attendees with advice to give to young people about how they can check for consent, and suggest key messages for young people about the importance of consent and respect in relationships. This session will also be streamed via webcast across South Australia.
When & Where
Legal Services Commission of South Australia
The Legal Services Commission provides a range of legal services to members of the public:
- legal representation to people eligible under criteria set by the Commission in accordance with Section 10(2) of the Act.
- free legal advice and minor legal assistance
- a free duty solicitor service
- a range of online resources and printed publications explaining the law in simple, easy to understand terms
- the Law Handbook Online at www.lsc.sa.gov.au provides plain english language legal information
- an extensive range of legal education programs, many free of charge.