Actions and Detail Panel
Yoga & Meditation Retreat
Sun., 30/07/2017, 3:00 pm – Fri., 04/08/2017, 9:30 am AEST
Join us for 5 days / nights in paradise. An opportunity to let the layers of stress and busyness peel off and our authentic, clear, open and vital self come forward again.
Everything you'd expect at a Yoga in Daily Life retreat set in a unique rainforest eco-lodge and yoga retreat centre.This retreat offers you daily Yoga in Daily Life classes, guided meditations, yoga nidra, mini workshops, inspiring talks and ample free time to relax or explore within the unique, lush and warm tropical North Queensland, ensuring a balanced, nourishing and enriching experience.
SAMPLE PROGRAM all included in the cost
6.30am yoga & meditation class
10.00am at least twice we will be treated to a nada yoga workshop with Swami Madhuram.
And hopefully on one of the days we can take a trip out on the reef (weather permitting)
11.15am yoga nidra
free time to rest, read, swim or explore
4.30pm yoga & pranayam class
8 - 9pm satsang & meditation
We are very fortunate to have Swami Madhuram joining us on this retreat. Swami Madhuram Puri has been studying and teaching Yoga and Meditation under the guidance of H.H. Paramhans Swami Maheshwarananda, the author of the system Yoga in Daily Life for the past 9 years. His interest in what is called “Nada Yoga”, the yoga path of sound, has seen Swami Madhuram use his musical skills playing bansuri (Indian bamboo flute) and chants for his own spiritual practice as well as sharing it with others.
Imagine a yoga space surrounded by a lush rainforest and inside the teacher is leading the meditation with his bansuri flute. This and more awaits us at this retreat.
THE RETREAT VENUE: is Sanctuary Retreat, a unique rainforest eco-lodge and yoga retreat centre. Visualise this - secluded beaches meeting the Great Barrier Reef - set in 50 acres of lush tropical rainforest, overlooking the Coral Sea at Mission Beach, halfway between Cairns and Townsville.
In this unspoilt paradise there is a choice of accommodation types and choice of having your own room or sharing, a beautiful dedicated yoga space and vegetarian restaurant and lounge with a balcony that overlooks the forest with spectacular views to the ocean.
Points to consider:
* While Sanctuary offers a luxurious natural environment, some traditional resort services are not standard here, i.e. there are no porters to transport guest’s luggage.
* Sanctuary is in a totally natural environment and you will come into contact with a variety of wildlife, including insects. Sanctuary is not a place for arachnophobes.
* Sanctuary and the accommodation are set up on a ridge on a 50 acre rainforest nature reserve. Therefore be mindful of this hilly and steep terrain and your own level of fitness before booking.
* FAQs about the retreat venue
* You are welcome to arrive earlier or stay longer. Please organise this in advance with Sanctuary Retreat.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
This retreat is for adults only.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Mission Beach is between Townsville and Cairns. Cairns is the nearest airport. Travel from Cairns airport to Sanctuary Retreat is about 2 - 2.5hours.
- You can hire a car for the trip from Cairns to Mission Beach. This is a good option if you want to explore the region in the free time and the weekend after the retreat closes.
- A bus transfer from Cairns airport to the retreat centre can be arranged at an additional cost of approx $60 each way. Details of the bus will be provided after booking in.
- If you are flying into Cairns and would like to make use of the bus transfer then plan to arrive no later than 1.25pm. And on Friday going home book a flight after midday (not earlier).
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Just bring what you need for yourself & your yoga mat.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
firstname.lastname@example.org 03 9427 0977
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Can I update my registration information?
yes, just contact Gita