Actions and Detail Panel
Yoga for Tweens/Teens 10-14year olds Term 4
Wed., 05/10/2016, 3:45 pm – Wed., 16/11/2016, 4:45 pm AEDT
Yoga for Tweens and Teenagers at One Heart creates a safe and supportive environment to help young people aged 10 – 14 years old be more fully themselves. The classes include yoga postures and movement; breathing; mindfulness and meditation; and deep relaxation. The classes explore what is unique and valuable about each individual, as well as using partner work and group work to explore who we are in relation to others.
Why do yoga?
Regular practice of yoga and meditation can:
– strengthen and tone your muscles
– increase your flexibility and stamina
– regulate your digestion, your hormones, and boost your immune system
– increase your self-confidence and self-esteem
– help you embrace the challenges of life in school, at home, and with your friendships/relationships.
– help you learn the art of relaxation, so you can sleep better and feel great the next day
– give you skills to process emotions, to help when you are feeling stressed, worried or sad and to help overcome panic attacks or nerves
– help you connect with your own wisdom and with compassion for your self and others
Best of all, yoga enhances our capacity to feel strong, happy, peaceful and calm! Yoga and meditation practice can give you an amazing sense of well-being that can help you live life fully.
This classes welcomes everyone and is suitable for all levels of fitness and yoga experience.
For ages: 10 – 14 years old.
Day & Time: Wednesdays 3.45-4.45pm during school terms
It is recommended that students come regularly to help foster a safe and supportive group. You are welcome to attend a single try-out class in the first 3 weeks of each term. Parents are asked to please leave the yoga studio space for the duration of the class. There are lovely cafes and peaceful gardens on site to enjoy. Please notify us by text if your child will be absent. If your child is absent without notification we will send you a courtesy email after the class to let you know your child was absent.
Dates for 2016:
Term 1: February 3 – March 23 (8 week term)
Term 2: April 20 – June 15 (9 week term)
Term 3: August 3 – September 14 (7 week term)
Term 4: October 5 - November 16 (7 Week Term)
Single Try-out Class: $18. If you want to continue, then your $18 can go towards a term pass.
Term Passes: 10 Week Pass: $155 9 week Pass: $140 8 Week Pass: $ 125 7 Week Pass $110
All term passes are only valid for the term it is bought in.
Sibling Discount: Second child 25% discount: 10 Week Pass: $115 9 Week Pass: $105 8 Week Pass: $95 7 Week Pass: $82.50
All passes are valid for the term it is bought in.
Please book online for the term.
To book for a single try-out class email email@example.com and pay by cash on the day. If you decide to continue, your payment will go towards a term pass.
Date and Time
One Heart Yoga & Meditation
1 St Helier's Street
Convent Building Level 1 Room 31
Abbotsford, VIC 3067