Yoga After Birth: Exploring a Postnatal Practice
Professional Development for Yoga Teachers
with Anahata Giri
The Yoga After Birth training is a systematic and thorough exploration of practices that meet the specific needs of women returning to yoga practice after childbirth. We will explore a holistic practice including asana, pranayama, restorative yoga and meditation all designed to support the mother.
This training will equip yoga teachers and yoga therapists with the skills needed to tailor yoga practice for post-natal women in general yoga classes, post-natal specific yoga classes and yoga therapy clients.
Aims of the Yoga After Birth Training are:
- To understand how to assess the needs of post-natal women
- Explore principles for a post-natal asana practice
- To develop a repertoire of useful post-natal practices, including practices for the first month, first three months, first six months post-birth
- Learn practices to support the abdominal health of women in a safe, incremental and effective way; including addressing diastasis
- Learn practices to support the health of the pelvic floor including a balance of both strengthening and releasing practices tailored to individual needs
- Understand and address the emotional, mental and social challenges of mothering and parenting
- Explore the importance of working alongside other health professionals
- To understand best professional practices as a general yoga teacher in relation to prenatal and postnatal students
Note: this training covers post-natal practices for mum, it does not cover Mums and Bubs yoga.
When: Saturday November 5 9.30am - 5.30pm
Who is the training for: This training is for yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and yoga teachers/therapists in training. This training earns 7.5 CPD points.
Where: One Heart Yoga & Meditation at the Abbotsford Convent, 1 St Helier’s Street, Abbotsford
Cost: $195 Price includes morning and afternoon teas, a whole day of intensive training covering theory and practice and a highly detailed manual including all the practices. For anyone who has completed the Yoga of Birth: Teaching Prenatal Yoga Graduate Certificate, you can enjoy the special price of $150.