Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
Join us at this sacred Wurundjeri site for a great family day of traditional Aboriginal games, mini Olympics style!
Games leaders Uncle Bill Nicholson and Mandy Nicholson will guide you through traditional team challenges, such as throwing a ‘wit wit’, boomerang or (blunt) spear, marngrook (traditional football) , tool making and campfire challenges. Fun cultural prizes will be awarded to the standout teams.
The event will commence with a traditional Wurundjeri Welcome and Smoking Ceremony, and will also feature free traditional face painting, didgeridoo, dance and artefacts displays. Why not make time during your visit to enjoy the “Wurundjeri Stories” interactive signage trail, meandering along an easy 1km river-side track, capturing the remarkable Aboriginal history, culture and people associated with Pound Bend.
Venue: Pound Bend Tunnel Reserve - parking is available on site, please follow the directional signage at the park entry towards the ‘Tunnel’ and ‘Picnic area’
Time: 1.00 pm – 4.00 pm
Bookings: Bookings essential as places are limited. Book now.
- Please BYO Picnic food, picnic rugs/deck chairs
- Coffee Cart will be on site for hot & cold drinks and snacks
- Please wear comfortable clothes and runners
- Suitable for all ages and abilities
- Site is accessible for assisted wheel chairs and prams
- Children should be supervised by an adult at all times as this event is alongside the river.
For more information please contact Cultural Services on 9840 9246 or email email@example.com.
Proudly presented by Manningham Council in partnership with Bunjil’s Country, Wurundjeri Tribe Council and Parks Victoria.