Actions and Detail Panel
Writing for the web one-day short course
Wed. 28 June 2017, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm AEST
Learn how to write compelling online copy
Taught by a former Sydney Morning Herald editor and journalist, this fun and practical course covers:
- how to write short, sharp and snappy sentences
- creating great headlines and intros
- structuring articles to make them flow better
- formatting to improve readability
- using links and subheads properly
- search engine optimisation (SEO) tips
- editing print copy so it’ll work better online
- improving email newsletters/EDMs
- writing for social media
- usability and accessibility tips.
Only nine places are available to ensure every participant receives personalised attention.
Writing exercises are included throughout the class, so you can immediately practise what you've learnt.
Booklets and certificates will be handed out to each participant.
Who can benefit from this course
The short answer: if your writing ends up online then this writing workshop will help you.
More specifically, however, the type of people who usually attend these courses are involved in:
- communications and marketing
- public relations (PR)
- running a small business
- writing proposals and sales material
- producing copy for their organisation’s website.
“Loved it!” – Sarah Crump
"Dan was great! Lots of fun and I learnt a lot.” – Tristan Tulloch
“An entertaining, informative and thoroughly enjoyable workshop.” – Peter M
"Really enjoyed the workshop and found the exercises particularly helpful. I also appreciated the take-away booklet." – Steph
"The workshop was varied, interesting and engaging." – Caitlin
“Excellent presentation that challenged me to consider the messages/emails/articles I construct as part of my role. Particularly made me think about the reader and methods I could use to engage with them better.” – Amy
“Really excellent. I particularly appreciated the writing exercises and your expertise!” – Jess
Have you got a question?
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. My contact details are:
Mobile: 0433 387 505