Learn how to write compelling copy
This fun and practical course teaches how to write – and structure – different kinds of articles, from news stories and features to marketing copy and press releases.
- identifying newsworthy stories
- writing great headlines
- crafting short, sharp and snappy sentences
- writing intros that pull readers in
- how to connect paragraphs seamlessly
- cutting your own copy
- editing copy
- setting the right tone for your audience
- grammar and punctuation
- interviewing techniques
- pitching stories to the media.
This course also looks at how writing for online can be different than for print, and covers key web writing areas such as:
- writing headlines that work online
- how to write links (and why "click here" links are bad)
- search engine optimisation (SEO) writing tips.
Who can benefit from this course
Whether you work in journalism, content marketing, communications, public relations or simply need to write as part of your job, this course will increase your confidence and writing skills.
I make a point of keeping the class size small (only nine places are available) so that I can get to know each participant and make sure the course will help them.
All participants will receive a handbook and a certificate on completion.
Have you got a question?
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. My contact details are:
Mobile: 0433 387 505
"Dan was great! Lots of fun and I learnt a lot." – Tristen Tulloch
"Can't wait to use some of these techniques in my job!" – Theresa
"This session was very useful, with lots of activities that helped me to absorb the content." – Bonnie
"I recommend this workshop to others!" – Sarah