Learn how to write copy that’s clear, compelling and easy to read
This fun and practical course teaches how to write – and structure – different kinds of articles, from news stories and features to marketing copy and press releases.
- identifying newsworthy stories
- writing great headlines
- crafting short, sharp and snappy sentences
- writing intros that pull readers in
- how to connect paragraphs seamlessly
- cutting your own copy
- setting the right tone for your audience
- grammar and punctuation
- interviewing techniques
- pitching stories to the media.
This course also looks at how writing for online can be different than for print, and covers key web writing areas such as:
- writing headlines that work online
- how to write links (and why "click here" links are bad)
- search engine optimisation (SEO) writing tips.
Who can benefit from this course
If you write newsletters, articles, reports, proposals or media releases for work, then this course is for you.
It’s also great for those who want to develop their basic writing style and skills.
I make a point of keeping the class sizes small (no more than 10 people) so that I can get to know each participant and make sure the course will help them.
All participants will receive a handbook and a certificate on completion.
Have you got a question?
I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. My contact details are:
Mobile: 0433 387 505
You can also read testimonials from people who have been to my workshops by going to mediasurvival.com.