Actions and Detail Panel
Workshop: How to Create your own Concrete Planters
Sat. 20 May 2017, 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm AEST
Concrete & Clay will show you how to create your own concrete planters which you’ll be able to use in your home or make great gifts. The process of mixing and pouring the concrete into molds will be demonstrated and then done by the participants. Demolding the planters, sanding & finishing the pots will be explained and then each individual will decorate a pre-made planter. It goes with out saying you will leave with the skills & knowledge of the techniques used to reproduce the planters on your own.
* This can be a rather messy workshop so probably best to leave the couture at home - participants will have to roll up their sleeves, pull back their hair and get their hands dirty.
RUNNING ORDER OF A 2.5-3 HOUR WORKSHOP
•Intro to the task, process followed & all the items required
• Start mixing
• Casting the concrete into the molds
• Explain the curing & demoulding process
• Decorate using paint. Embellishing with gold/silver leaf, using masking tape to make patterns.
• Explaining about planting succulent or cactus
• Pack planter & molds into a box to take home
Cost includes all materials, hire of equipment, pre-workshop prep and workshop facilitation. each.person will go home with a ready made decorated planter, a kit with 2 items in molds curing and notes to do it yourself at home.
See you there!
Date and Time
Meeting Space, The Connection, Rhodes Community Precinct
30 Shoreline Drive
(near corner of Gauthorpe Street and Shoreline Drive)
Rhodes, NSW 2138