Actions and Detail Panel
Workplace Safety: Managing Mental Health
Tue. 10 October 2017, 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm AEDT
In 2017, World Mental Health Day falls on Tuesday the 10th of October. To emphasise the importance of managing mental health in the workplace we are running our popular Mental Health seminar to provide employers with the information they need to foster a mentally healthy workplace.
This seminar will cover:
- How mental health issues may be manifested in the workplace
- Employers' rights and obligations in respect to employees with mental health conditions
- How to provide support to employees with known mental health issues
- How to encourage safe work practices to support mental health
- Actions an employer can take if an employee does not have capacity for work or is not meeting performance expectations, whilst minimising risks of breaching anti-discrimination and privacy legislation.