This 1/2 day seminar is designed for internal human resource and management staff who are regularly called upon to facilitate workplace mediations between staff. This course will give you a basic mediation framework to be able to safely navigate a conversation and to reach agreements. We will cover;
- The facilitative model of mediation; pre-mediation sessions, your role, managing parties, disclosures, the model, agreements, post-mediation;
- Know when it is appropriate to conduct a workplace mediation and when it is not;
- Obtain some basic disclosure templates;
- Look at how you can help the parties reach agreements;
- Learn what to do where no agreements are reached;
- Develop some post-mediation strategies; and
- Understand the basic legal (workplace) and national framework for mediators (how to become accredited).
Anna Faoagali is a leader in managing relationships in the workplace. She facilitates workplace mediations, workplace enquiries, workplace investigations and delivers code of conduct, behavioral, and anti-bullying & harassment training for organisations. She has the unique ability to simplify complex complaints and will give you value by using real case examples to explore the framework and assist participants develop their skills in this area. She is member of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, Queensland Law Society, and the Australian Mediation Association. Anna is accredited in Hong Kong, Australia and PNG.
What to bring
Bring your real life case examples so that we can apply the framework to your particular circumstances, and any other material (such as workplace policies and procedures) that you think might be relevant when conducting workplace mediations.
There is a restriction on numbers at this training workshop. Upon payment your registration will be secured. We reserve the right to cancel courses where there are insufficient enrolments. A 50% cancellation fee will be applied when participants cancel workshop reservations fewer than 5 days’ business days prior to the event. If less than 5 days, then no refund will be given. If this course is altered, cancelled or attendance quotas changed we will not be held liable for any non-refundable travel and accommodation requirements.
When & Where
Evolve Workplaces are a National company providing mediation, investigation, assessment and training services to businesses, organisations, companies. For any questions please contact Tony on 1300 414 179