Actions and Detail Panel
Workplace Investigations: A Guide for Employers
Thu. 20 April 2017, 8:00 am – 9:30 am AEST
Allegations and complaints of inappropriate behaviour seem to be on the rise. Aggrieved employees are demanding “independent investigations”.
This seminar provides managers with a guide for understanding workplace investigations, including:
- The pros and cons of conducting investigations?
- In what circumstances should an investigation be conducted?
- Whether an investigation should be “internal”, “external” or “independent”.
- Key elements of a “procedurally fair” investigation process including:
- Who is the investigator and what their role is
- Collecting evidence and taking statements
- Dealing with uncooperative witnesses
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Finding and implementing a workable resolution, from the investigator’s report and managing legal risks
Who should attend this seminar?
- Human Resources Professionals
- Professionals who conduct, or are likely to conduct, investigations in their workplace