San Francisco, California, USA
London, United Kingdom
This workshop is focused on increasing the community’s capacity to support women with disabilities experiencing violence. Facilitators and speakers include women with disabilities.
- What do we know about women with disabilities?
- What is the lived experience of disability?
- What does violence look like for women with disabilities?
- Understanding human rights and legislation
- Models of disability
- What services and supports are available?
- What does inclusion look like?
- Being inclusive – how can I do it?
- Disability and its intersection with gender and violence
This workshop is highly interactive and includes examples, question and answer sessions, small group work, and individual worksheets and scenarios. Participants will gain an understanding of the barriers facing women with disabilities in addressing violence in their lives and good practice strategies to address these barriers.
A comprehensive manual of resources is included.
When & Where
Advocacy for Inclusion
Advocacy for Inclusion is a Disabled Peoples Organisation which means our board, members and staff are a majority of people with disabilities.