For years now, many of us have been travelling with Dr. Estes soul shaking work. In our bedrooms, on trams and in the bump and grind of Melbourne cafe's our hearts have thundered awake to our wild nature. Each page of the book has been read and re-read as we work our path with an ever more refined hand. The stories and their archtypes threaded throughout the book are constantly speaking to us in new ways and this is an oppurtunity to deepen your relationship with the symbols and archetypes within the book and use it as a catalyst for perosnal transformation. We will be using methods created and taught by Dr. Estes at her Singing Over the Bones Training, which Kathryn completed in 2016.
This group will run once a month for one year, you do not have to attend every session, though it is recommended in order to fully emerse into the journey of the book.
During the study group we will;
- Create safe and sacred space around themed alters that participants will contribute too.
- Approach the psyche with ceremony including live flute and drumming, sacred herb blends and movement
- Read and perform the story using embodiement (optional)
- Journal personal associations with the archetypes and symbols in the story
- Answer questions around themes in the story and how you are dealing with yourself and how the over culture is dealing with you
- Learn about the archetypal significance of the symbols in the story to compare and align within your personal associations
This October we will be working with La Loba the wolf moman, The Four Rabbinum and getting our hands bloody with Bluebeard. Bluebeard is an intense but worthwhile first sessions story, as it placed in the book, because it contains the keys to living conciously and walking in your soul life.
In November we will journey into Vasalisa, honing the intuition and working with the hag nature.
* This is a study group and not a therapy group, so most work will be done through journalling, personal art and reflection with a strong and compassionate guide. It is highly recommended that all participants have some form of external support, counsellors, good friends etc. and a strong sense of adventure.
Is it time for you to sing your soul back home? Come dance with us