The Why Worry? is a solution-focused workshop helps anxious children/young people to manage their own symptoms of stress and worry at Home & School. This session is suitable for children aged 8 to 10 years.
Participants learn to identify personal triggers for anxiety and practice coping strategies to reduce any impact on the individual or family. By exploring solutions through play-based activities, participants learn to understand and appreciate anxiety in a fun, non-threatening setting. We use a variety of activities such as storytelling and role plays to help young people identify their own personal triggers for anxiety and how to best manage their own behaviour.
Participants also complete CBT based activities and learn from each other as we normalise different types of anxiety and gain insight into our reactions.
The Program covers:
- Understanding fight and flight responses
- Techniques to express worries and fears
- Strategies to reduce anxiety responses
- Taking control at home & school
The workshop encourages participants to: Accept and redirect persistent worries or anxiety-based behaviour, Express fears or phobias among same-aged peers, Exchange coping strategies for home and school, Practice relaxation to modify behaviour, Take responsibility and change unhelpful thoughts.
Each program is evaluated to ensure that it meets our strict learning outcomes. Current research with parents indicates that 83% of children attending a 4 hour where able to better manage their worries and anxiety better (overall). (n 8).
This is a 4 hour event conducted over two days - 2 hours a day.
- Dates: Tuesday, 24 January and Wednesday, 25 January 2017
- Time: 3:30pm - 5:30pm
- Cost: $260 early bird and $280 after.
- If you are not sure if your child is suitable for this workshop, please contact us before booking.
- For more information visit the workshop pages and the help centre.
- By registering, you accept the term and condition.