Actions and Detail Panel
Why valuation experts disagree and who is right?
Tue. 6 June 2017, 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm AEST
In disputes, valuation experts on opposing sides can substantially disagree on the value of a company. The big disparity in values can often be due to a disagreement in one or two key technical areas.
In this presentation, we look at five cases where experts disagreed on value and how those matters were resolved. We explore the five key technical areas the experts disagreed on and answer these questions:
- What is the appropriate valuation approach and method?
- What is the correct earnings base and are earnings sustainable?
- What adjustments to earnings are required?
- What is the level of risk to earnings and what discount rate should be applied?
- How to treat items in the balance sheet?
We explain, more generally, why disagreements arise in these technical areas and what you, as lawyers, need to focus on. The session is for commercial litigators and family lawyers at all levels.