In this hands-on workshop, author Sandy Curtis will show you how to get inside your character’s head and write from their viewpoint.
Have you been told that you “head-hop” in your writing, or find it hard to develop clear narrative voice for each of your characters? Learn how to write from multiple points of view in a way that means your readers can easily understand who is doing and say what. Also explore how viewpoint will affect dialogue, and how dialogue can be used to add pace and tension to your writing.
What will you learn:
- The difference between character viewpoint and point of view
- How to improve reader experience through point of view characters
- How to avoid head-hopping
- How to use dialogue tags to convey your character’s viewpoint
- Tools and resources to support character development
About Sandy Curtis
Sandy is the author of seven Australian-set suspense thrillers print published in Australia by Pan Macmillan Australia and Clan Destine Press and in Germany by Bastei Lubbe, and available as e-books in US, UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy through Amazon Kindle and also through Clan Destine Press. Her three contemporary romance novels have been released as e-books by Ormiston Press.